12 November, 2014

White Peach McFizz - Singapore - November 2014

Pay for an 'upsize' which gets you a standard size McFizz


Consumed on 6 November 2014
Location - McDonald's Kovan, Singapore
Price - Free with upsized combo purchase or $2.90SGD = $2.33USD alacarte.
Calories - ~350kcal





Ah another McFizz...I generally dislike these so much that I don't even bother getting them anymore. I know I've passed on a couple over the last 6 months, and I haven't felt bad about that at all. Sure, if upsizing provides a new McShaker flavour, I might give it a try, but that being said, this new White Peach flavour was included in my Wasabi Ebi Burger + Mango Pineapple Pie "feast", and it came with a Seaweed Shaker, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I still have no idea why they called it "White Peach" as it was clearly dyed an artificial pink peach colour, it must have performed better in their market research, or more likely someone felt it just sounded 'classier'. 

After taking a single sip each, both my wife and I came to the exact same conclusion, we need to stop getting McFizzes entirely.  This was easily the worst flavoured McFizz I've had yet.  This tasted like they took Spite (the basis for most McFizzes) and dropped a couple Maynards Fuzzy Peaches inside stirred it around and called it a day.  This was completely artificial, overly sweet, and simply not a nice tasting drink whatsoever.  Couldn't they have borrowed the Peaches from the Malaysian Mango Peach McFlurry and used that instead?   I did stomach a few more sips after I finished my salty fries, and I'll admit, after having the salt overdose, the terrible peach flavour was somewhat hidden, but still more than 75% of it ended up getting poured down the drain.  

I just can't understand why these keep resurfacing, they are rarely good, and who in their right mind is going to pay nearly $3 for one without a combo?

Rating - 0/5