22 August, 2012

Breakfast Wrap - London, United Kingdom - August 2012



Consumed on 3 August 2012
Location - McDonald's Earls Court Station, London, United Kingdom
Price - 3.98GBP = ~$6.15USD
Calories - ~595kcal
Click the link below to see the ingredients, a more photos and the review!
McDonald's UK Receipt 
This is the continuation of the London series, that I was able to try back at the beginning of the month.  I was called into the office, and had to rush in ASAP so it seemed like a perfect opportunity to try one of the local breakfast items.  McDonald's UK didn't introduce any promo breakfast items for the Olympics, and seeing as I didn't want to have multiple McD's breakfasts for the week, I only ever tried the Breakfast Wrap. Other items included the Bacon Roll, 'Oatso Simple' (porridge), and Bagels (and after the terrible one I had in Canada, I had no interest in trying) most of which are pretty unique on their own. 
McDonald's Bacon Roll
McDonald's Porridge 

Earl's Court was very busy because of the Olympic volleyball matches going on just down the road, so everytime I walked past the McDonald's it was full.  I was able to catch it at a lull this morning, because I don't think their were any matches that day.  I ordered the Breakfast Wrap combo with a Black Coffee (though my receipt says White, I assure you, it was black).  The wrap and my coffee were placed on the tray and it was handed too me.  I asked for the hashbrown, and they said because their was one inside the wrap, that they don't include it .  I felt somewhat cheated, but once I started eating the wrap and saw the size, I guess I didn't need an extra 200kcal of fried potato.  The wrap consisted of said Hashbrown, the McMuffin Sausage patty, an Egg, Bacon and the option of Ketchup or 'Brown Sauce' AKA Steak Sauce.  Not being a ketchup person I ordered it with brown sauce.  I thought it was pretty tasty, and a decent size for the price, McMuffin combos were around the same price, and they wouldn't have been nearly as filling.  The brown sauce was a nice addition to the standard McDonald's breakfast flavours, though the cheese wasn't as nice as I have had in other European outlets.
Rating - 4/5

Another nice surprise was that I never needed to ask for a stamp/point card, because they are build into every cup and you just peal it off (or just the sticker)!  Neat!




McDonald's Breakfast Wrap Ingredients:
Wrap :
Wheat Flour, Water, Humectant (Glycerol), Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed Oil), Raising Agents (Disodium Diphopshate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Malic Acid), Emulsifier (Mono and Di-Glycerides of Fatty Acids), Stabiliser (Carboxy Methyl Cellulose), Yeast, Salt, Wheat Starch, Flour Treatment Agent (L-Cysteine Hydrochloride)

Pork Sausage Patty :
Pork (97%), Salt, Dextrose, Herb and Herb Extract, Glucose Syrup, Spice, Yeast Extract.

Potato Rosti :
Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Dehydrated Potato Flake, Dextrose, Stabiliser (Disodium Diphosphate). Prepared in the restaurants using a non hydrogenated vegetable oil. Please note our Potato Rosti can be cooked in the same oil as the Spicy Veggie Patty which contains: Chickpeas (31%), Batter (Rice Flour, Maize Flour, Maize Starch, Potato Starch, (Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum)), Breadcrumb (Rice Flour, Gram Flour, Maize Starch, Dextrose), Onion (10%), Yellow Split Peas (8%), Potatoes (7%), Vegetable Oil (Sunflower Oil, Rapeseed Oil), Water, Dehydrated Potato, Herbs & Spices (Cumin, Coriander, Garlic, Garlic Powder), Sugar, Salt.

Folded Egg :
Pasteurised Free Range Liquid Egg, Pasteurised Whole Milk.

Brown Sauce :
Water, Sugar, Spirit Vinegar, Malt Vinegar (From Barley), Dates, Tomato Paste, Cane Molasses, Rye Flour, Salt, Modified Maize Starch, Natural Flavourings, Soya Sauce (Water, Salt, Glucose, Soybean, Barley Malt Extract, Spirit Vinegar, Wheat Flour), Spices, Barley Malt Extract, Preservative (Potassium Sorbate)

Cheddar Cheese Slice (processed) :
Vegetarian Cheddar (51%), Water, Butter, Vegetarian Cheese (9%), Whey Powder, Milk Proteins, Emulsifying Salts (Trisodium Citrate, Citric Acid), Natural Cheese Flavouring, Salt, Preservative (Sorbic Acid), Colour (Natural Carotenes, Paprika Extract), Anti-caking Agent (Soya Lecithin).

Streaky Bacon :
Pork Belly, Salt, Preservative (Sodium Nitrite), Antioxidant (Sodium Ascorbate). Made with more than 220g pork per 100g of finished product.