08 October, 2015

Peaches & Crème Pie - Michigan, USA - August 2015



Consumed on 31 August 2015
Location - Michigan, USA
Price - $0.99+tax
Calories - ~250kcal



This review probably wont be that interesting since a majority of readers are in the US, but this Peaches and Crème pie has been one that I've been looking to try for a while, so I felt it's worth a quick review.  I missed this pie in Canada in 2012-2013 and it's subsequent release in the US in 2014, so I was happy to find one restaurant in Michigan offering it.  Baked pies are always my favourite, as they taste more like cake (my biggest weakness - I'll never turn down cake) than the deep fried pies in Asia taste like. 

The pie was dusted with a bit of powdered sugar which added a great bit of extra flavour to the already soft pie crust.  The peach filling had a surprising amount of large peach chunks, but the jelly that held it together was a bit on the sweet side and I would have preferred a little bit less sugar in it to bring out the fruit a bit more. It was certainly quite a bit better than the peach flavoured items I've had in Asia in recent years. The cream was less heavy and more like whipped cream than I had originally expected, and despite not normally enjoying whipped cream, I thought it was decent enough and didn't take away from the flavour at all.  It held just enough firmness that it didn't come squirting out of the pie with every bite, so it was OK in my books - at least it wasn't custard.

Rating - 4/5