11 March, 2014

Cheddar Cheese & Red Pepper Nugget 'Shaka Shaka' - Japan - February 2014

McDonald's Japan Red Pepper 'Shaka Shaka'

McDonald's Japan Red Pepper 'Shaka Shaka'

Reverse of Cheddar

Reverse of Red Pepper

We didn't have a mixing bag, so we resorted to pouring it on top
Purchased in January 2014, in Hitachi Japan
Consumed on 16 February 2014, in Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Calories - Unknown
Price - Free with nugget purchase





I've had a pretty bad cold over the last week, so I didn't even want to think about McDonald's food, let alone have enough energy to write a review, since I'm still not feeling great, I'm going to keep this one short.  My buddy from Japan send down these two nugget shakers for me to try, and when my wife and my friend visiting us from Taiwan went over to Malaysia and tried the Cheese Fries with Bacon, we tried these along with it.  I purposely ordered a 6 piece nugget set to use the fries for the Cheese Fries, and so we could use the nuggets for these shakers.  These flavours were identical to the shakers I had with the "Juicy Shaka Shaka Chicken" back in Japan in 2012.  I hope these haven't been sitting around since 2012, but I have a feeling they are different anyway, since the Red Pepper flavour didn't taste nearly as salty or as MSG filled as I remember the original, though it still wasn't spicy, it wasn't as bad as before.  The Cheddar Cheese tasted exactly like I remember, if you took the Parmesan and dumped it on your nuggets.  Those of you in Singapore will remember the "Cheese McShakers", it was pretty similar, but with a more sharp, real, cheese taste.


Although each packet only had 1.5g of flavouring, they still provided enough to cover three nuggets each, and I think in Japan, they were served with a 4 nugget side.  Though we had most of our fries covered with the Cheese Sauce, we still had some which we could dip in the left over seasoning. 

Rating - 3/5

Find reviews of other Shakers here.