30 January, 2014

Spicy Buffalo Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap - LaSalle, Canada - December 2013

Same packaging for the last 3 years.



Consumed on 21 December 2013
Location - McDonald's Ojibway Parkway. LaSalle, Canada
Price - $1.99+13%VAT CAD = $2.02USD
Calories - ~230kcal



I've reviewed a number of McDonald's wraps for this blog over the years.  In fact, the last time I was in Canada I was able to review the Mediterranean Snack Wrap, which at the time was a limited time promotion and I was impressed with the taste, and gave it a 4/5.  They've since released it as a full size, regular menu item, as a part of the new McWrap line.  When I was in Canada this Christmas, this new Spicy Buffalo Chicken snack wrap was the only promo item on offer at Canadian McDonald's besides the nationwide Poutine promo.  Since I've had a Poutine before in Quebec, where it is a regular menu item, I skipped it entirely and only went with the wrap.  My friend sent me some photos, so I'll be posting those at the bottom of this review.

The wrap, unwrapped.

Normally I'm a pretty big fan of the wraps at McDonald's.  Before the days of the full size wraps, I had only had Snack Wraps in Korea and Canada, and I usually enjoyed them.  This time, I felt a bit let down with the size and the price after eating those bigger ones.  The Spicy Buffalo had the same 1/2 chicken patty, that the other snack wraps have, and I went with the grilled option over the fried 'crispy' variant.  What made this unique was the 'spicy buffalo sauce' that was in the wrap.  After spending a bit of time in South Africa, and learning to love Nandos, I thought this was like a weak version of Nandos Peri Peri sauce, rather than Buffalo sauce.  The sauce did have a slightly tangy kick to it, but the sauce was so salty that you couldn't taste the chicken at all.  I'm not sure why mine had so little cheese, but it must have only had maybe 5 flakes throughout the entire wrap.  




It was so small, and it wasn't that unhealthy, since I ordered the grilled chicken so I did finish it, but I'll be sure to not be trying on of these again.  There was nothing bad about it, it just wasn't special whatsoever.

Rating - 3/5


McDonald's Poutine 2013 Nationwide Promo